Saturday 31 August 2013

Three Days Left....


  Currently on the easel is this portrait of a staffie called Troy.  This is being painted in acrylics on Dalerboard - it's been a very long time since I was commissioned to paint a detailed acrylic portrait.  Most of this is still just 'blocking in', the only part that is more or less finished is the eyes.  This will take a good few more weeks work - there is such a difference in the time taken between a watercolour or pencil portrait and an acrylic.  Possibly something to do with painting an A3 sized picture using a size 1 brush....

I work in a school four mornings a week during term times, which means I get to enjoy the school holidays.  So when it comes down to the last weekend before going back to school, I feel as depressed as any child does.  I've had a productive 6 weeks, getting on with all sorts of outstanding jobs round the house and had the time to get on with various arts and crafts projects. I shall miss having the time!
I've had the time to bake cakes - my daughter picked up this recipe for an almond and plum tart the other day at Waitrose and luckily I had all the ingredients at home.
I just substituted greengages for plums (same thing really!) and the end result was absolutely delicious! This is why I will never be thin...
When you are feeling blue and someone walks in with a big bunch of sweetpeas just for you, doesn't it brighten your day?  My daughter did just that on Tuesday - thank you Stacie!




2 comments:

Soggibottom said...

BIG WOW.
The Staffie owner will go ape when they see this :-) x x x

Magpie Magic said...

The dog portrait is looking good already but not as good as the cake the sweet peas... Yum. :-) xoxo