Thursday 26 September 2013

Troy

I have thoroughly enjoyed painting this handsome staffie. It's been so long since I had to paint a detailed acrylic, I felt a bit rusty to begin with but soon got back into the swing of it.  I didn't want to admit that it was finished yesterday, but luckily dinnertime rolled around and I had to walk away and upon looking at it again in daylight I have to say that anything else I do to it will just be superfluous tittivating.

So now I await the worst/best bit, the big reveal to the owner - although this time around I know he liked it half way through as I had to check with him on the colouring, so hopefully he will still like it now!

I thought I'd have a bit of a break but it looks like there is another commission already lining itself up - I'm certainly not complaining!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wonderful painting

Magpie Magic said...

Great colours and depth. The owner must be pleased. xoxo