Thursday 17 October 2013

Further Down The Rabbit Hole...

Let's start with the most normal thing I have been working on this week.  This is the other half of a double pet portrait, and has to be the most unusually marked cat I have ever drawn.  My painting is only half finished but I think it shows that this feline looks like he's been at the lipstick or possibly drinking strawberry milkshake!  He has a pink ring around his mouth and I have been worried about it all week, to the extent that I have been covering the picture while not working on it so that no-one in the house makes any remarks that might affect my confidence.  However, after some concerted effort yesterday, I am finally passed the panic stage and looking forward to completing it very soon.
In a very surreal scenario, I am knitting a portrait of a knitted cat.  I know, it just gets weirder and weirder but there is method in the madness that will become plain one day.  In the meantime, I'm just enjoying the ride....
This evening sees the start of the new series of The Walking Dead (we are a week behind here in the UK) and I am so excited as it has to be my most favourite tv series since Lost.  No coincidence that I have been working on a knitted zombie this week!  I just love this pattern, it amuses me every time I make it.

I'm available for all your knitting needs, no matter how strange, just get in touch!


No comments: