Tuesday 1 October 2013

Mine, All Mine!


I had almost a full skein of this lovely teal and ochre cotton yarn and wanted to knit myself a scarf with it.  I chose a lacy pattern which possibly makes the scarf a little busy, but who cares!  It was actually finshed a couple of weeks ago, but it has taken me this long to get around to blocking and ironing it.
I think it will be just the thing now that the weather is starting to cool off. 

I don't want to alarm any of you, but remember my porch which was demolished and rebuilt just after Easter this year?  Today, they finally put in the boarding between the brickwork and the ground....could it possibly be finished at last?  Well, if I wanted to be picky, I could point out that our doorbell is still stuck to the door frame with masking tape but I think to all intents and purposed we can declare this porch complete.  It only took...May...June...July...August...September...five months! I know which building company to avoid in future should the occasion ever arise! 

2 comments:

Soggibottom said...

Beautiful colours in your new scarf. That would have taken me years to knit.
Five months to finish your porch.. express builders :-) x x x

Magpie Magic said...

Love the scarf. :-) Great colours. Nice pattern. xoxo