Friday 13 December 2013

...And Relax....

When I took on this commission, I was sure I had a pattern for a tiny tiger head squirrelled away in one of my notebooks.  But of course, this was one time I hadn't, so it was back to the drawing board.  You wouldn't think such a small thing would cause quite so many problems!
Perhaps it was just me being over-tired and over-worked...
This could do with a few tweaks here and there next time I make it - oh yes, there will be a next time, just not before Christmas.
Just don't ask me for a pattern - the basic head shape is written down, but the rest of it was embroidery and a lot of pushing and pulling when stuffing and sewing.  By the way, this trophy is only 4 inches square.

I still have three more of this set to make - I think the next one will be one of the easier animals.  I'm going to save the giraffe until last....



No comments: