Sunday 15 December 2013

Utter Chaos....

I got up at 6 a.m. this morning and made spinach pie for the pot luck Christmas lunch at work today.  Ever stood in your kitchen wondering just what on earth you are doing?  It had to be made today rather than a day beforehand for the filo pastry to remain crispy and delicious - I know that my work colleagues will fall on this like a swarm of locusts and it will all be gone in abut ten minutes.  In fact it has become expected of me to bring this simple Greek dish to any pot luck lunch - at least it's easy to make!

When you read certain craft blogs and see the photos of people's beautifully tidy homes and work areas, are you envious?  Do you wonder why your own living space just doesn't seem to match up?  Yes, me too!  I'm going to make you feel a whole lot better about yourself...
This is my kitchen table at the moment.  It's been that way for a few days, covered in half wrapped Christmas presents, boxes, and what I am not showing, a large container of clean laundry to be sorted and ironed.

Here is the space next to the sofa where I have varius craft supplies and works in progress.  Sadly, everything has been pretty much thrown there over the past couple of weeks as I have not had time to keep it in order.  No, I don't know why there is a small plush elephant in the middle either....
Further to the left, more mess and a pile of some of my birthday presents from yesterday.  I am hoping to get the time to read the books over the holidays!

At some point ths week, I have to gain control - but with the tree to put up, cake to ice, presents to wrap and general every day chores, it's doubtful that will happen!  There now, don't you feel a whole lot better?




1 comment:

Anonymous said...

yes definitely feel better! happy Birthday, creativity needs a bit ofhealthy mess