Sunday 19 January 2014

Six Months In The Making...

I have finally finished this poor neglected painting!  I started it months ago, but it has been put to one side time and again due to other commitments.  This is an acrylic on Dalerboard, and the subject is the grounds of Old Basing House in Basingstoke.  We visited this last summer and I was very taken with the surrounbding countryside as it felt like stepping back in time.  This is now up for sale in my Etsy shop.

It's been one of those weeks - the rain never stopped falling, I have been landscaping the garden around our new small pond with gravel and rocks, plus the washing machine broke down and with a family of four, you can imagine the work that ensued getting it sorted out before a new one was delivered.  Hopefully this week will be quieter and less strenuous!

2 comments:

Magpie Magic said...

It's lovely and I get that feeling of stepping back in time. I wish it looked like that out there now... Can't wait for the sun to come out and warm everything up again. Hope your issues are all done now... It's horrible to be without a washing machine! xoxox

Laura Sparling said...

That's just beautiful, Caroline. X