Monday 10 February 2014

Ennui....

It happens every year, the portrait commissions dry up after Christmas for a few weeks while everyone tries to recover from the amount of money they spent on the festivities.
So it's always a bit disheartening as an artist to wonder if business will pick up again.
I'm sure it will, it always does, and in the meantime I have time to get on with personal paintings.  The trouble is, with the bleak conditions outside and the long winter nights, I always feel very uninspired to paint anything at all if I don't have to.
These are a few of my past commissions - I am available should you want one of your own.  For goodness' sake, give me some work and save me from actually doing the ironing and cleaning the house before my brain turns to sludge!!



No comments: