Wednesday 26 March 2014

On Going The Extra Mile...

When asked to make a washing machine, I was told not to worry too much about the door, it didn't have to be see-through.  Well, we all know that amounts to nothing so much as a challenge, and I do love a challenge!  However, round about four o'clock yesterday afternoon I was ready to throw in the towel (d'you see what I did there?) as the wonderful silver stuff I wanted to use to line the drum just would not stick.  Neither would the pate tub I used for the drum itself.  It was like they both had glue-repelling qualities and it didn't matter what I tried, glue, tape, double sided tape, nothing stuck except my fingers to each other. In the end, I used brute force and ignorance (my stock tools of the trade) and just wedged the whole thing in place with newspaper plus copious masking tape.  As it is not a toy, I'm hoping that's where it will stay.
Then the little tub I used for the door itself proved unruly as well, but I managed to beat that into submission with a pair of scissors and some helpful all-covering felt.

So, despite the trials and tribulations, it's turned out pretty well.  It needs a bit more embellishment on the control panel but by late evening I'd had enough!


1 comment:

Magpie Magic said...

LOL Loved reading this. Great job as well. It looks fab. :-) Now I know who I'll call when the washing machine breaks. ;-) xoxo