Friday 11 April 2014

Another Day In Paradise.....

I promise this is not turning into a blog about the construction going on next to our house, but it is having an incredible impact on my arting and crafting, so I am afraid I may have to bore you occasionally with it!  Yesterday morning the dog was throwing up and refusing his breakfast, a sure sign he is stressed.  So after geting the jobs done, I packed a picnic, loaded my daughter and dog in the car and off we went to spend a few hours away from the noise.
We went to Wellington Country Park, walked half way round the lake far from the hordes of screaming kids enjoying the facilities and found a quiet spot to sit overlooking the lake.  My dog calmed right down and enjoyed the new sniffs, sights and sounds, even had some rolls in the warm grass.  His 'I Need Space' jacket did the trick and he was left to tootle along with no-one bothering him. I did hear a few remarks about him being an assist dog in training - I'm not sure what Clovis would ever assist anyone with - pest control?
Stacie and I did some sketching of the lake and birds - nothing spectacular, just the act of sketching was soothing.  After an icecream, we headed home to discover this...
...and this...
...and this...
Just as well we had gone out as apparently a jackhammer was on the go for the whle three hours and my son was unable to work on his illustration commission as the house was vibrating so badly.  We have another day of it to look forward to today although hopefully we get a decent fence put up so we won't have to look at it at least. 

So, this should go some way to explain why there might not be any new paintings for a while, unless I decide to go all Jackson Pollock and just throw paint around.....




1 comment:

WendyCarole said...

Hope your peace is restored soon.