Sunday 13 April 2014

Liberty Print Bear

We had a quiet weekend - I mean quiet!  No builders, no neighbours, just us, the sunshine and the birds singing.  So while nerves were not a-jangle, it was time to get on with some crafting.  I finished off this little felt bear and then set about hand stitching her outfit.
I chose this floral Liberty print as it seemed to go well against the dark brown of the bear.  As usual with me, there was no pattern, I just cut and fitted it to the bear as I went along - it seemed to work OK! I stitched a scrap of vintage lace to the front of the dress plus some ridiculously small buttons - this bear is only 6 inches tall, which should give you some idea of scale.
I crocheted her hat, then trimmed it with some matching felt and three little artificial roses.  Her dress is stitched on, I felt it was so delicate that taking it off and putting it on repeatedly would be damaging in the long run.
Her legs and arms are jointed, so she can sit or stand.

This is for sale in my Etsy shop now.  I am sure there will be more along soon, but if you would like to have one custom made, do get in touch.

I also managed to get some knitting done, and pottered in the garden tidying up some of the chaos.  Back to JCB madness today, I'm just waiting for it all to kick off....



1 comment: