Thursday 24 April 2014

Part of the Scenery....

I'm always knitting away for the animated film, but sometimes what I am making is a bit boring and sometimes I'm just not allowed to show you as it will spoil the jokes in the completed film.  However, the past few days it's been about a door....quite a bit of knitting involved to make it large enough for the puppets to use.  Then it needed some 'aging and distressing' with acrylic paint - they've yet to make a yarn in the shade of 'old wood'!
I've also had to make another pampas grass - these are quite labour intensive as the leaves consist of casting on then casting off, followed by being draped over a wine bottle while soaked in fabric stiffener.  The seed heads are made with some fabulous Gypsy eyelash yarn - now very much out of production and I don't know what I am going to do when my meagre stash runs out!

I'm also knitting various pot plants - coming up is quite an exciting subject, a bird which needs to be animated flying - gulp!

Talking of birds, I finally have my dream....a large flamingo ornament for the garden.  I don't know what it is about me that hankers after  kitsch Americana, but along with the Mason jar drinking mug, a flamingo lawn ornament was pretty high on my list of wants.  Our local garden centre brought in some metal ones - not quite the genuine article but very pretty all the same and I love it!  Now the plants are putting a spurt on, the garden is beginning to come together at last.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love the door! It is so realistic!
Jxxx

Anonymous said...

I love a good flamingo too!