Wednesday 16 April 2014

Peace...

Monday afternoon the demolition team de-camped from  next to our house to the other site further up the road.  So yesterday although they were audible, the house was still and the garden was a welcome place to be.  I spent a couple of hours tidying up the last of the debris left after the fence build, planting some sweetpeas and moving my vegetable bags back to their spot, then spent the afternoon sitting in the sun with my watercolours painting a bunch of wildflowers.

It felt good to be wielding a paintbrush again and challenging trying to get it all down on paper as the cowparsley visibly drooped!  I think working at such a speed is good for me though, it forces me to use a looser style and not get fixated on the detail.  Looking at this again this morning, I am very pleased with  what was a very hurried piece of work.  It also re-awakened the joy I feel when painting - I've missed that over the past few weeks.  It is a nightmare when circumstances prevent me from painting, I feel bereft and definitely suffer withdrawal symptoms. 

It is quiet again today - not even rumblings from down the road, so I plan another such afternoon.

I had to make this last night.  Don't ask me why - if you can't guess, then I'm not telling!

No comments: