Sunday 11 May 2014

Lace, Leopard & Love....

This scarf has been a  long time in the making - I started it months ago thinking it would be a quick knit, but what with various other projects on the go, it kept getting side-lined.  This is a simple repeating lace pattern that once I had learned the stitches, was easy to get on with.
I've knitted it in a pale blue/aqua wool mix yarn which is soft and pretty, working well with the lace.  It will be in my Etsy shop later today.
The leopard is still making slow progress - mainly because I keep getting distracted with other things.  However, as I have a paid commission to do, I will have to hurry up and finish this!  It's good to have some incentive after such a long gap in between commissions - without it, I get very lazy!

Finally, three reasons why I love my sister:
She sent me a big tub of Kalamata olives and two tsoureki - one of the main things I miss about living in Greece is the food, so it is lovely when I receive a care parcel out of the blue.  So we have had a bit of a Greek theme running through our meals for the past few days - yum!

On the needles - that stained glass window!  It's fiddly but definitely not quite as hard as I anticipated, although will involve a great deal of sewing together when I have finished knitting all the little pieces of 'glass'.



 


1 comment:

Magpie Magic said...

Love the scarf. Where did you find the pattern? Looks like a great little knit for summer. I am so jealous of your goodies from Greece. They look delicious! :-) And the leopard is looking good. Can't wait to see it finished... and the stained glass window. Intriguing. :-) xoxoxo