Thursday 26 June 2014

Are We There Yet?

I think I can tentatively say that this is finished - today I can't see anything major that needs doing, but I will give it a day or two and come back to it to check that I haven't left anything out!  Acrylic portraits like these are very much hard work, but I do enjoy them so.  Although having concentrated so hard for so long, using tiny brushes and painting in every hair, I think my next painting needs to be something big and splashy!
Yesterday was glorious, so I took my daughter to pick strawberries - this is one of our favourite places to go in the summer.  Not only is is so pretty, in the middle of nowhere...
...you also get to come home with these:
I look like I've gone ten rounds with a wild cat after picking the gooseberries, but it was so worth it.  I've also eaten so many strawberries over the past fortnight it's a wonder I'm not turning red, but that's all part of the great British summer!

Currently on the needles: flowers!




1 comment:

Magpie Magic said...

Yum, I can't wait for my black gooseberries to be ripe enough to make jam. Fab jam. :-) I love strawberries and that looks like a lovely place to go. :) However today it was all rain except for the five minutes this morning when I woke up. :-(
xoxo