Thursday 7 August 2014

Can't Paint, Won't Paint....

Wow, I am having trouble this summer!  I finally have the time to paint but just cannot concentrate due to the incessant noise and vibrations from the building work going on three feet from our house.  It is very frustrating!  I did manage to sit out in the garden late yesterday afternoon and rattle off a few watercolour sketches - felt good to get something on paper, small and rough though it is.  Maybe today I might get a chance...
I discovered this yesterday - my hibiscus plant has not produced a flower for several years as our summers have been pretty awful lately. However, the warmth and light of this summer have kicked it into action and there are several buds growing.  This flower is about the size of a side plate - gorgeous!

No comments: