Tuesday 14 October 2014

My Brain Hurts...

After not having any commissions for quite some time, it seems only fitting the the first one for a while is a real doozy!  The dog on the left is no longer with us and the family who want this portrait done were not very good at taking photos of their pets.  This and one other photo with a totally different pose of the dog are all I have to work with.  Initially I thought that both dogs were black - good job I didn't go down that route!

However, with a little help from Google images (thank goodness other people with chocolate labs take better photographs!) and a lot of concentration, I think I might be able to pull this off.  It is exhausting though, especially when you are very aware that this is to be a memento of a beloved pet.  A word to you pet owners - take lots of photos while your pets are still with you, you'll cherish them in days to come.
This is a little shawl I've been knitting over the past ten days or so - I really like the design of it.  However, I discovered about half way through it that knitting clothing no longer has the same appeal it used to.  I miss the challenge of designing something weird and wonderful, despite the fact that I moan and complain constntly while I'm doing it.  So I'm knitting a jellyfish...as you do...


1 comment:

Magpie Magic said...

Good luck with your portrait. I love the shawl. Reminds me of a batwing. :D xoxo