Saturday 17 January 2015

Here & There

Here's a little something I have been working on whenever I get a spare minute, a lace scarf.  It's knitted in a soft varigated wool blend with a slight fuzzy haze on it.  It might take a while as I am busy with other things, but I think we're about half way there.
Proving how little I am aware of what goes on in our town, while dog walking with a friend of mine the other day I discovered a fabric and sewing shop had opened down a side street. I went in for a look yesterday and found out that it had been open for months.....  It was impossible to leave without buying a couple of remnants and some fat quarters.  Usually I buy fabric on a whim with nothing specific in mind, but these do actually have a purpose.
While I've always wanted one of those fancy wooden shed/studios out in the garden, this is not quite what I had in mind!  We (I say we, but my contribution came down to holding things and very little else) put this up yesterday and it will house boring things like the mower. I do get to paint it though - but not until it dries out, which could take a while.
Meanwhile, Clovis takes his job as sofa quality control inspector very seriously....



No comments: