Thursday 26 February 2015

Plane Sailing...

I don't usually knit clothes for other people, I find it a little tedious these days - even my family have to make do with hats and gloves as knitted presents.  However, when someone approached me with this pattern, I could not resist!

It is a vintage pattern, I couldn't find a date on it but it cost 25 cents new.  Judging by the design of fighter planes (they are, aren't they?) I would put it at from the 1940's.  It's also knitted in chunky wool, so knits up really quick - the back took me under a week of evening knitting to complete.  I am enjoying this, and even the prospect of making pockets and fitting a zipper doesn't put me off.

However, there is a certain gentleman in the house who thinks he'd like one of these as well...I might not be quite so enthusiastic second time around!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This looks wonderful, can't wait to see the finished garment.