Thursday 14 May 2015

Shhh....

I completed this yesterday - or should I say this morning for a final touch-up.  This has been painted using Derwent Inktense pencils on watercolour paper.  The photo reference is from our trip to Birdworld last summer - a spontaneous outing that yielded some good photographs.

I'm kind of wishing I hadn't bothered with a background, but I felt it lacked something.  I may sit and look at this for a couple of days to see if there is anything else that needs doing but it will probably stay as it is - self-doubt needs to be squashed sometimes!

I've seen some cow parsley on my walks that I really want to paint - might have to pick myself a bunch today!

1 comment:

Sue Doran said...

The parrots are gorgeous; I like the background, personally, I think it's just right as it is. So many lovely wildflowers out right now, I was admiring some buttercups yesterday, they always remind me of childhood, putting them under my friends' chins!