Wednesday 6 May 2015

Unfinished Business...


Sometimes you get weeks where everything is just a work in progress - this is one of those weeks.  Currently on the easel is this painting of a pair of parrots, using Derwent Inktense pencils. I love this medium, the colours are so bright and can be layered over each other without turning muddy.  It's a painstaking picture, but that's how I like to work.
Several things on the needles this week, here are the ones I can show.  This is the back of a waistcoat I've been commissioned to make, using a fab recycled jeans yarn.  It's a complicated pattern, with the front of the waistcoat in a trellis pattern and the back in lace - it will be worth it I feel.
When I get a minute or two, I'm still ploughing away at the socks..I say socks, it's still only 'sock'.  I'm hoping that the pattern is so simple and easy I will actually get myself a pair of socks out of it!

There are also some little treasures being made for Nudinits, but you'll have to wait a couple of weeks before seeing them on Twitter.


No comments: