Sunday 12 July 2015

Copyright Infringement & Theft

I have learned this weekend that an online company are selling images of my paintings for printing as posters.  They have not had my permission in any shape or form to do this, I am not getting paid for my hard work and to add insult to injury, their prices are laughably low!  I will be reporting them to Action Fraud. 
Unfortunately, there is not much else I can do except re-iterate that if you buy from these people, you too are participating in copyright theft and  breaking the law.  As it says at the top of this blog, my work is not for use without my permission.  I work damn hard on each and every painting and am by no means getting rich from doing what I love - to see someone else making money from my efforts is sickening.  I guess this is the price we pay for having the internet, but that doesn't make it right.

No comments: