Tuesday 15 September 2015

A Waiting Game...

It's been hard finding time to work on this over the past few days, but today I needed to keep busy for a few hours so it was great to lose myself in painting - the time flew by.

I'm waiting to find out if my zebra painting got into the Society of Wildlife Artists exhibition - results will be posted this afternoon.  I'm not getting my hopes up too much, but it would be fantastic if it succeeded.

I saw some little cacti and air plants in glass jars with gravel at the local garden centre a while back. They were really cute but very expensive, so I decided to have a go at making my own. I got two nice jam jars, bought a glass dessert bowl from the local supermarket for a couple of pounds, bought some fish tank gravel & gave it a good wash, bought three tiny cacti and then assembled the above.
The shells are from our holiday in Alderney last year.  (My luggage always seems to have shells in it somehow - even when we went to Boston I had a pocketful!)
I was thinking to give these as gifts...but they might end up staying here!
These little guys are rejects - had to design a character and these were the initial attempts.  They will get a bit of attention to make them sturdier over the next couple of weeks and then hopefully will be in my Etsy shop.





No comments: