Wednesday 24 February 2016

Leopard & Lace...

I've not touched a pencil or paintbrush for a couple of weeks due to other commitments and it has driven me crazy!  No that I had anything particular in mind to paint, I just wanted to paint - it's an oasis of calm in a frenetic world.  This week I managed to find some spare time and started this small watercolour of a leopard.  I had in mind to keep it loose and splashy, but that's not happening - just not in my nature.  We'll see where it goes...
This is the first half of the lace shawl I have been working on - I now have to knit an identical piece which will then be grafted on down the centre.  Not sure why, I think it is so that both ends have a pleasing wavy edge.  It's been put on hold for a short while as I have started knitting a coat for Clovis as wearing his raincoat every day is just not working out - one sprint from him and it ends up hanging off, flapping in the breeze.  It's not a quick project, he's a rather large dog.

He's doing well on his various tablets - he has good days and bad days. Last week it was difficult to get him to eat properly, this week he is shovelling his food in.  As long as he can still canter around a field without keeling over, we're doing OK!



No comments: