Wednesday 15 June 2016

Parrots, Pencils & Placemats...

 I completed this yesterday after a determined effort.  It has been painted using Derwent Inktense pencils and colour blocks.  Considering it was a spur of the moment choice of subject, not really thought out in any great detail, it has turned out well.  There are things I would have done differently if starting again, but I'm happy enough.
 I took part in the WHSmith Sketchoff last night - they give you a photo online and an hour in which to sketch it.  I thought it would be a doddle, seeing as I have drawn and painted tigers so often, but in actual fact it was very hard work.  Not because I couldn't draw it but because there just wasn't enough time!  I chose to use Derwent Coloursoft pencils, mainly because I was curled up on the sofa and too lazy to get paints out - it was a very satisfying exercise though.
I've knitted more fish.  I don't know what to do with them.  I had an idea that they could be used as placemats, but as I have used scraps of different coloured yarn, they don't really go together as a set.  Needs a bit more thought.  Anyone fancy the pattern for free?

No comments: