Friday 2 February 2018

Little Bear At The Falls...

Whilst waiting for photos for the next dog portrait, it seemed a gold opportunity to paint a picture I've had in mind since last summer when I took a snapshot from the webcam of Explore.org at Brooks Falls.  Most of my snapshots from the webcams are pretty rubbish as far as artisitic composition is concerned, but this one came out nicely.  It was fun to paint as well - the bear itself did not take very long at all, but the water was quite an undertaking.

I've used watercolour on a piece of sample Arches paper - out of the six samples in the pack that I bought, I think this is my favourite to use as it holds the colour but also remains moist for quite a while so that you can work wet in wet for longer.

Next experiment, drawing on brown cartridge paper...